Expect the Best is an easy-to-read guide for your clients that cuts through the confusion surrounding nutrition during pregnancy, providing everything potential parents need to know to plan for, and attend to, proper nutrition and exercise in the child-bearing years.
This new edition features updates from the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and the latest recommendation on a wide range of topics, such as:
- the healthiest lifestyle for fertility (including for dads-to-be!);
- calories and weight gain throughout pregnancy and after delivery;
- important vitamins and minerals and how to include them in your eating plan;
- what, and how much, exercise is best before, during, and after pregnancy;
- keeping food safe, and foods to avoid during pregnancy;
- how to manage morning sickness, gestational diabetes, and more; and
- what to eat when breastfeeding
This book provides easy-to-follow sample meal plans, and an expanded recipe chapter features more than 60 simple, nutritious recipes, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. This complete resource supplies what women need to make the best choices throughout their entire pregnancy journey. A great pregnancy nutrition resource to recommend to your clients!
Softbound (6 x 9)