This event was presented as a live webinar on February 28, 2013.
Event code: 19422
CPE Hours: 2.0
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 3080, 3060, 5090, 2100, 2080, 2090
Two experienced advanced practitioners will teach you how to perform and implement nutrition-focused physical examinations (PE) into daily practice. Learn why including a nutrition-focused PE in a comprehensive nutrition assessment is an essential component of the Nutrition Care Process and why RDNs are uniquely qualified to perform them.
Clinicians should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of including nutrition-focused physical examination (PE) in the nutrition assessment process.
- Identify nutrition-focused PE techniques and how to implement them into practice.
- Use nutrition-focused PE to identify physical findings associated with macro- and micronutrient deficiencies or excesses.
- Explain how to rule-in and rule-out nutrition diagnoses related to macro- and micronutrient alterations using knowledge of differential medical diagnoses and laboratory data.
- W. James Brewer, DCN, RD, CNSD,
Chief, Nutrition and Environmental Services, Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center, Saginaw, MI
- Sara Perdue, MS, RD, CSG, LD,
Clinical Dietitian, Oklahoma City VA Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
Please note: The recording will be a CD, which will be shipped to your address on file within 7-10 business days.