This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Congratulations! You have finally opened your own business. But are you prepared to keep it open? According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, 20% of business startups fail within the first year, and nearly half of all businesses fail within five years. Many resources on starting a business fail to provide long-term guidance to new entrepreneurs. This session aims to fill that gap by providing attendees with tools, strategies, and support for maintaining and growing a business in the field of nutrition for years to come. Speakers will emphasize self-care as an entrepreneur, ways to leverage peer support, and fair payment for services.
Award Presentation: Media Excellence Award - Jim White, RDN, ACSM-HFS
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning
CPE Level: 2- Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 7070, 7120, 1010
- 11.4.3 Ensures advertising information is balanced, accurate and in the public's best interest.
- 3.2.3 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
- 8.3.5 Keeps abreast of changes in practice and within practice environments that affect scope of practice.
- Identify best practices in branding and rebranding, building sustainable fee structures, and getting new and repeat customers.
- Grow their business from one person to a team of experts in a profitable manner so that they can work on the business, not just in the business.
- Create a work-life balance that works for them and their business while reaching financial goals.
- Cara Harbstreet, MS, RD, LD
- Michelle Dudash, RDN
- Rachael Hartley, RD, LD