This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Diabetes is one of the most common diseases nutrition professionals encounter. Research studies, new medications, technologies and digital health therapeutics, and the transformation of healthcare delivery are driving rapid change in diabetes prevention and care. The Academy, Diabetes Care and Education DPG, American Diabetes Association and American Association of Diabetes Educators actively collaborate and work complementary on research initiatives, practice publications, legislation and advocacy efforts and more.
This interactive dialogue among the organizations' national volunteer RDN leaders will highlight how new publications, such as ADA's 2019 Nutrition Therapy Consensus Report, the 2019 Joint Statement for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes and others are evolving practice. Participants will gain insight into each organizations' vision for the future and determine a range of opportunities to engage to be part of the dynamic changes occurring in this disease that impacts escalating numbers of Americans and global citizens.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 1070, 4040, 5190
- 3.3.5 Advocates for public health and wellness within the context of the organization and community.
- 4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address a need.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- Detail 3 key publications in the area of diabetes prevention and management that diabetes-focused organizations have developed or collaborated on that impact the practice of nutrition professionals.
- Delineate at least 2 significant ways that clinical management of diabetes prevention and care is changing and how these changes impact the practice of nutrition professionals.
- Identify at least 1 action step a nutrition professional involved in or interested in diabetes care and education can take to engage with the Academy, DCE, ADA and/or AADE.
- Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE, BC-ADM
- Constance Brown-Riggs, MSEd, RDN, CDE, CDN
- Donna Ryan, MPH, RDN, RN, CDE, FAADE
- Gretchen Yousef, MS, RD, CDE
- Wahida Karmally, PhD, RDN, CDE, CLS, FNLA