This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
The combination of dietetics, nutrition and food science has enormous potential to improve public health through the development and dissemination of compelling educational materials and delicious foods. This presentation will give real-life outcomes of this mutually beneficial alliance and explore both opportunities and threats for its continued success.
Planned with the Institute of Food Technologists and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
CPE Level: 2- Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 2040, 8018, 4040
- 7.2.1 Applies knowledge of biological, physical or chemical properties that may cause food to be unsafe for human and animal consumption.
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
- Discuss ways that the combination of nutrition and food science can assist health professionals in helping consumers achieve better health
- Describe the role nutritionists (dietitians and nutrition scientists) play in helping food manufacturers develop and disseminate information about healthier foods.
- Identify sources of distrust among consumers about the food supply and think about evidence-based strategies to address them
- Linda Farr, RDN, CSOWM, LD, FAND