This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Flavor is often sacrificed as a result of cooking on a limited budget. Flavor can make the difference between clients and patients choosing fast food or preparing their own food. However, the best food with the most flavor and nutrients doesn't have to cost a fortune. Learn the skills, tips and tricks to teach clients and patients how to create delicious, nourishing food without breaking the bank. With an extensive background in cooking, recipe development and food writing, the presenters will use culinary demonstration and cultural know-how to showcase building flavor within a budget. Tips on building flavor--from choosing ingredients to using proper cooking techniques--will be demonstrated. A guide to buying ingredients on a budget will be provided and tricks for knowing when to spend and when to save will be highlighted.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 8060, 8100, 2020
- 13.2.3 Incorporates principles of food science and preparation in recipe development.
- 13.2.6 Develops tools and measurements to evaluate menu items, quality of products, costs, nutritional values and customer needs.
- 8.4.3 Uses a variety of cooking techniques, food preparation and production and delivery systems.
- Teach clients and patients how to create flavorful, nourishing meals on a budget using the right ingredients and proper cooking techniques.
- Educate clients and patients on best practices for buying ingredients on a budget.
- Provide tips to clients and patients on when to spend and when to save money on meal ingredients.
- Maggie Moon, MS, RD
- Sara Haas, RDN, LDN