This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Adult patients are sent home with enteral nutrition for many reasons, such as decreasing length of stay, preventing malnutrition, or improving wound healing. To ensure success in meeting nutrition goals at home and preventing hospital readmission, an effective nutrition care plan must be established prior to discharge. In this session, speakers will discuss the registered dietitian nutritionist's role on the multidisciplinary care team to establish an appropriate plan of care, as well as how the acute plan of care can be continued at home to ensure a smooth and effective continuum of care.
Planned with the Dietitians in Nutrition Support DPG
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 5030, 5440, 5390
- 10.2.8 Establishes the plan of care, directly addressing the nutrition diagnosis in collaboration with the patient in defining the time, frequency and duration of the intervention.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- Identify the indications for home enteral nutrition therapy.
- Discuss the role of the registered dietitian nutritionist in the development of a long-term enteral nutrition plan of care.
- Describe tactics to implement an acute to home care transition plan involving enteral nutrition therapy.
- Mandy Corrigan, MPH, RD, CNSC, FAND
- Hannah Roosevelt, MS, RD-AP, CNSC, CD
- Melissa Anderson, RDN