This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
While understanding of the relationship between diet, lifestyle and fertility in women has progressed recently, less attention has been paid to modifiable factors that may affect fertility in men, even despite estimates that male factors contribute to approximately 40% of all infertility. Presenters will share recent recommendations and breakthroughs in male fertility that include the influence of diet, weight and environmental factors on reproductive health. Attendees will learn nutritional strategies and recommendations for counseling male clients on fertility-friendly foods, dietary patterns and lifestyle changes.
Planned with the Nutrition Education for the Public DPG
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 4170, 5410, 4120
- 12.2.1 Identifies determinants of health and their influence on population health status.
- 8.1.4 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout the life span and their role in health promotion and disease management.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- Describe factors that affect male fertility based on evidence-based research.
- Demonstrate how foods, specific nutrients and other factors affect the male reproductive system (sperm motility, vitality and morphology), including male sexual health.
- Discuss the effects of men's health on assisted reproduction outcomes.
- Hillary Wright, MEd, RDN, LDN
- Wendie Robbins, PhD, FAAN, FAAOHN