This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
This novel session will describe the newly updated, evidence-based renal nutrition practice guidelines to maximize the effectiveness of nutrition interventions for adults with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Recent evidence supporting these recommendation statements will be discussed and how they influence RDN practice will be explored. Presenters will focus on demonstrating how to apply these guidelines in practice to improve patient outcomes while challenging nutrition professionals to discard restrictive practices and embrace modern, individualized recommendations to reduce malnutrition and maximize patient quality of life. Speakers will share their personal experiences of incorporating evidence into practice, share readily available resources to help RDNs in their practice, and actively engage attendees by problem-solving challenging patient-care situations. This session focuses on: dissemination of knowledge, and tips on implementing knowledge into practice to improve CKD outcomes.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 5340, 9020, 5410
- 1.2.2 Identifies the knowledge and skills required to provide service.
- 6.2.5 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- Describe the factors contributing to effectiveness of evidence-based chronic kidney disease nutrition therapy interventions provided by RDNs.
- Evaluate and synthesize evidence-based nutrition therapy recommendations for adults with chronic kidney disease.
- Implement the findings from the evidence-based nutrition therapy recommendations into practice with chronic kidney disease patients.
- Sara Erickson, RDN, CSR, LDN
- Laura Byham-Gray, PhD, RDN, FNKF
- Rachael Majorowicz, RDN, CSR, LDN, FNKF