This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
This session will share the strategies and innovative best practices used by two program directors to reorganize their current nutrition and dietetics education programs (dietetic internship and coordinated program) into future education model graduate degree programs. These directors will share how they integrated competency-based education in their programs and will describe their innovative use of simulation to develop competencies. They will provide examples of rubrics and program outcomes.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 1070, 6030, 6060
- 4.2.9 Evaluates the effectiveness of a plan, and identifies required future actions.
- 9.1.5 Assesses, evaluates and applies educational theories.
- 9.2.1 Assesses learning needs of the individual or target group.
- Identify ways to reorganize existing nutrition and dietetics programs to meet the Future Education Model Standards.
- Employ rubrics to strengthen assessment of student competence.
- Describe how simulation can be used to help develop student competence.
- Janet Johnson, MS, RDN, LD
- Amanda Holliday, MS, RD, LDN
- Glenda Woscyna, MS, RD, LMNT