This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
This comprehensive panel session will discuss the Commission on Dietetic Registration's 2024 Graduate Degree registration eligibility requirement; the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics' future education model; and the Consumer Protection and Licensure Subcommittee's work with state licensure. The presentation is designed to clarify realities and dispel myths held by current practitioners regarding these initiatives.
Award Presentation: Excellence in Practice – Dietetics Education - Jayanthi Kandiah, PhD, RD, CD
Jointly planned by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Consumer Protection and Licensure Subcommittee and Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 1010, 1070, 1080
- 1.1.8 Adheres to the Standards of Professional Performance for RDNs.
- 14.4.4 Reviews and updates job descriptions to reflect current practices and the organizations needs.
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession.
- Articulate the impetus and rationale for the 2024 graduate degree registration eligibility requirement.
- Differentiate education program accreditation, professional credentialing and state licensure.
- Dispel myths about future education and credentialing of registered dietitian nutritionists.
- Catherine Christie, PhD, RDN, LD/N, FAND
- Beth Taylor, DCN, RDN-AP, FAND, CNSC, FCCM
- Christine Hartney, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND
- Kathryn Lawson, MS, RDN