This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
The vision, passion, and innovative ideas of transformational leaders inspire change. The field of nutrition and dietetics is changing rapidly, from advances in science and technology to nutrition and health innovations, as well as major policy and economic shifts. Careers evolve and practitioners must be ready to respond in order to achieve influence in the healthcare realm. To meet the ever-changing landscape of nutrition and dietetics, today's nutrition leaders should not only be visible, but agile, insightful, and strategic in order to drive value in their diverse and expanding roles. Elements of effective leadership and guiding insights will be shared from an interprofessional perspective to help reimagine the path to better nutrition and health for all. This session will engage and inspire participants to take leading steps to drive change, tackle the field's most complex issues, and succeed in uncertain environments.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 7180, 1070, 1010
- 3.1.7 Participates in the development of the organizations strategic plan, mission and vision.
- 3.2.3 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
- 8.3.4 Enhances knowledge to foster career advancement.
- Describe how agility, insight, and strategic skills help practitioners advance their career path trajectories while advancing the profession as a whole.
- Identify the key elements of transformational leadership and apply them in professional settings.
- Link professional development opportunities and interprofessional collaboration to leadership opportunities in uncertain or rapidly changing environments.
- Julie Kennel, PhD, RD, LD
- Judith Rodriguez, PhD, RDN
- Regina Cunningham, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN