This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Whether you're in private practice, primary care, outpatient or other ambulatory setting, navigating the world of healthcare billing, coding, and payment can be difficult. From identifying business opportunities and becoming credentialed providers to generating and adjudicating claims, subject matter experts will share best practices for getting the revenue you deserve. Solutions to common payment pitfalls will be offered, such as what to do if a provider network is full, how to resolve billing issues and respond to denials, and what to do when a diagnosis is not listed as a covered benefit under a patient's health plan. Speakers will also address in- and out-of-network status, the impact of billing on the future of dietetic practice, and why you should bill under your own National Provider Identifier (NPI) number. Utilizing sample coding scenarios and case studies, speakers will highlight best practices for minimizing claim denials and ensuring services are billed accurately to maximize revenue.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 7170, 7010, 7080
- 14.2.7 Negotiates payment and reimbursement for customers/patients in order to promote access to care.
- 3.1.7 Participates in the development of the organizations strategic plan, mission and vision.
- 8.2.5 Keeps abreast of, advocates for and integrates knowledge of national and local funding models that impact the population and services provided.
- Identify solutions to common payment pitfalls in dietetic practice.
- Implement best practices for minimizing claim denials and maximizing revenue.
- Outline strategies to expand access to and secure payment for nutrition services.
- Krista Yoder Latortue, MPH, RDN, PMP, PBA, LDN, FAND
- Margret Lyons, RDN
- Michelle Mazurowski, RDN, LD, CLT, LPTA