This products is free for those who attended FNCE® 2019.
Harvest of the Month is an initiative utilized by schools, hospitals and public health programs to encourage increased fruit and vegetable intake. The focus is on impacting the nutrition status and well-being of participants. Learn new strategies to enhance Harvest of the Month and Farm to Facility efforts from a School Nutrition Director and an RDN at a rural hospital who participates in a community coalition. Tips for working with community coalitions, incorporating farm-to-facility choices, branding your program and developing recipe videos will be included. Presenters will share impact evaluations of Harvest of the Month initiatives. Ready-to-go materials for launching your own year-long program will be provided.
CPE Level: 2 - Intermediate
Learning Need Codes: 8100, 8070, 1090
- 11.2.9 Considers audience and adjusts messaging and delivery method accordingly.
- 13.2.3 Incorporates principles of food science and preparation in recipe development.
- 8.4.3 Uses a variety of cooking techniques, food preparation and production and delivery systems.
- Incorporate farm-to-facility programs at local institutions.
- Detail benefits of Harvest of the Month programming for customers and communities.
- Employ the ready-to-go plan for a year-long Harvest of the Month program.
- Donna Martin, EdS, RDN, LD, SNS, FAND
- Ruth Chipps, MS, RDN, CD