Shifting to a competency-based education model under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards can enhance the preparation of students for future nutrition and dietetics practice. This session will explore the implementation of the Future Education Model with its integrated, competency-based education. Two directors of demonstration programs will share the strategies and innovative best practices used to meet the new accreditation standards at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Unique and creative ways for assessing student competence will be shared with examples of rubrics and program outcomes.
CPE Level: Level 2
- 9.4.2 Selects and uses appropriate content and teaching methods to meet individual and group needs.
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession.
- 3.3.4 Engages in active discussions with others to establish a method to best meet and serve the needs of the customer and the population.
- Identify ways to reorganize existing nutrition and dietetics programs to meet the Future Education Model Standards
- Explore how a candidacy program is initiated as a demonstration program under the Future Education Model Standards
- Use proven strategies to overcome challenges in becoming a demonstration program
- Khursheed Navder
- Kathy Thames