Whether searching the web for a new recipe or dining out, we've all come across the ""Asian-Inspired"" menu descriptor. Food bloggers, chefs and registered dietitian nutritionists all have been guilty of slapping this moniker on a dish to which they've simply added soy sauce or sesame seeds. Spread across 48 countries, there's much more to Asian cuisine than dashes of condiments.
This session features a diverse array of Asian registered dietitian nutritionist speakers, all of whom have expertise with providing culturally sensitive Asian cuisine information. This presentation will educate attendees on the five distinct geographical regions of Asia and the respective ingredients commonly used in each area's cuisine. This panel will provide the vital knowledge registered dietitian nutritionists, chefs and food bloggers need to know in order to provide informed Asian culinary guidance. It will also give attendees the confidence to develop Asian cuisine recipes and content that are regionally informed.
CPE Level: Level 2
- 8.2.3 Implements individualized services to reflect customer-centered approach as it pertains to the customer's physical, social, cultural, institutional and economic environment.
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
- 11.4.4 Collaborates with others to develop materials and messaging when the required skills exceed ability levels.
- Describe fundamental characteristics of Asian cuisine across all five geographic regions.
- Provide culturally appropriate Asian culinary recommendations for clients.
- Develop Asian cuisine recipes and content that are regionally informed.
- Tessa Nguyen
- Manju Karkare
- Michelle Jaelin
- Rahaf Al Bochi