This session will address why increased diversity is vital to the success of dietetics students, practitioners, and the profession, and will offer educators and preceptors resources to help them develop strategies to meet ACEND standards, cultivate cultural humility, and foster diversity within their programs.
CPE Level: Level 2
- 1.3.6 Develops and implements culturally appropriate strategies when delivering service.
- 1.3.8 Initiates collective efforts with others to implement resources to support culturally diverse customers.
- 4.2.1 Identifies potential or real problems, issues or challenges.
- Describe the benefits of diversity in dietetics programs and the dietetics profession.
- Define strategies that either support or hinder recruitment and retention of students of color within dietetics education programs.
- Identify preliminary strategies to cultivate cultural humility and inclusive educational spaces throughout the dietetics educational pathway.
- Tamara Melton
- Hannah Thornton