Rapid advances in technology have reshaped the healthcare industry, creating new opportunities for delivery of care. Until now, payment and policy have lagged behind technology, however, evolving regulations, greater payment parity, increases expansion of covered services, and new codes for payment have become game changers.
Speakers will explain how RDNs can leverage technology to take advantage of new opportunities to enhance care and increase revenue, describe the current regulatory landscape and their implications and offer insight into marketplace trends. They will demystify barriers to service delivery and illustrate how to navigate payment to augment business. New CPT® codes for online digital evaluation and remote patient monitoring services will be reviewed and new telehealth expansion rules explained. Lessons learned and practical applications will be shared.
CPE Level: Level 2
- 1.4.1 Maintains confidentiality and security in the sharing, transmission, storage and management of
personal health information.
- 2.2.1 Identifies the need for and negotiates
common ground with customers, interprofessional team members and other stakeholders.
- 5.3.2 Maintains technological security and confidentiality in the electronic sharing, transmission, storage and management of information.
- Describe how the accelerated pace of the changing legislative and regulatory landscape is reshaping the healthcare industry.
- Identify new CPT® codes for online digital evaluation and remote patient monitoring services.
- Describe ways in which technology supported services can augment business and increase revenue for RDNs.
- Jordana Bernard
- Meagan Moyer