Collaboration between clinical nutrition and patient dining services is key to successful patient and organizational outcomes. Whether clinical nutrition is structured within or outside the same department, such collaboration can be a challenge. We will highlight tools to build and sustain successful partnerships that have proven successful in many different settings. Learn the details of successful projects and outcomes from those who have recognized success in these efforts. Speakers will share effective strategies to apply in a variety of settings.
Planned with the Clinical Nutrition Management and the Management in Food and Nutrition Systems Dietetic Practice Groups.
CPE Level: Level 2
- 2.2.3 Identifies opportunities for shared benefit and/or vision.
- 3.1.2 Fosters a culture in which diversity and cross-team collaboration are valued.
- 4.2.8 Identifies and implements a plan to address
the problem, issue or challenge
- List common barriers between Dining Service and Clinical Nutrition.
- Identify successful strategies for productive collaboration.
- Utilize tools for building partnership opportunities and successful outcomes.
- Kelly Danis
- Patricia Oliver
- Shey Schnell