Student Member Price: $10.00
In succession to FNCE 2020's dynamic Asian Cuisine: Beyond the Soy Sauce session, the original panel of diverse Asian registered dietitian nutritionists return to discuss the regional cooking techniques, ingredients and foodways of Asian cuisine. With countless requests from FNCE 2020 attendees to provide further dialogue on the application of key regional Asian ingredients, this session will offer the opportunity to engage with each Asian RDN panelist and their perspective in providing culturally sensitive culinary tips within this nutrition subject area. Audience submitted recipes will be used to show the process from beginning to end in creating a culturally appropriate and authentic regional Asian recipe. This presentation will provide the vital knowledge registered dietitian nutritionists, chefs and food bloggers need to know in order to provide informed Asian culinary guidance. It will also give attendees the confidence to develop Asian cuisine recipes and content that are both factual and regionally appropriate.
CPE Level: Level 3 (advanced knowledge/expertise)
- 8.5.3 Uses a variety of cooking techniques, food preparation methods and production and delivery systems.
- 8.5.4 Takes into consideration client/patient choices, beliefs, food sensitivities, allergies, and accessibility and affordability of food.
- 1.7.5 Applies knowledge of cultural foods, religious traditions, eating patterns and food and nutrition trends.
- Analyze recipes to modify them to become culturally sensitive.
- Modify recipes based on ingredient accessibility while maintaining authenticity.
- Create culturally sensitive recipes and content featuring regional Asian ingredients from a culture that may not be your own.
- Tessa Nguyen
- Michelle Jaelin
- Manju Karkare
- Rahaf Al Bochi