Student Member Price: $10.00
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) is highly prevalent and associated with numerous gastrointestinal disorders. Recent advancements in the field of gut microbiome diagnosis and management of SIBO are rapidly evolving. Dr. Ali Rezaie, Medical Director of the GI Motility Program at Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles will share how to appropriately diagnose and treat SIBO based on the latest data and diet recommendations, from elemental diets to the low FODMAP and gluten-free options. During the second part of this presentation Emma Fogt, who specializes in SIBO diets in her practice, will delve into the efficacy and applicability of the latest nutrition research of the SIBO diet and its application in clinical private practice.
CPE Level: Level 3 (advanced knowledge/expertise)
- 6.2.3 Analyzes and interprets data to form valid conclusions and to make recommendations.
- 8.1.5 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout
the lifespan, and their role in health promotion and disease
- 10.2.1 Selects valid and reliable tools to conduct comprehensive nutrition
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of each SIBO diagnostic test commonly used in clinical practice.
- Explain the latest evidence-based management techniques of SIBO.
- Describe the role of dietary interventions in induction and maintenance of remission in SIBO patients.