Student Member Price: $10.00
As technology has advanced and more people in low- and middle-income countries have access to it, opportunities to reach and teach via mobile devices have expanded. Apps, partnerships, e-learning, E-commerce, and geomapping are now commonly used in many sectors.
Panelists will discuss unique ways these technologies have been used around the world, particularly with people in low-resource countries, to improve the nutrition and health status of underserved populations.
Planned with the Global Member Interest Group (GMIG)
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 4.1.4 Demonstrates effective, appropriate and timely consultation with experts and others.
- 5.2.7 Suggests, develops and/or implements innovative enhancements and new software platforms, applications and technologies to meet the needs of the target group and the environment.
- 3.3.3 Collaborates with customers and others to support access to services.
- Describe various ways innovative technology is being used in low and middle income countries.
- Explain the challenges involved in using technology in rural settings.
- Outline the benefits to incorporating technology usage in rural nutrition work in low and middle income countries.