Student Member Price: $10.00
Are you wondering how the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans will influence nutrition education for children? This session will highlight MyPlate nutrition education resources and their applications in home, school, and child care settings. Results from two states on the use of MyPlate resources in USDA's Child Nutrition Programs will be highlighted, as well as challenges and opportunities identified as part of delivering nutrition education. Attendees will also participate in an interactive discussion on how USDA's Team Nutrition initiative will update its nutrition education resources to reflect the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 9.1.2 Identifies and works to minimize and overcome barriers to learning.
- 9.3.2 Develops a variety of learning activities based on a plan of action and the needs of individuals, groups, communities and populations.
- 9.1.1 Demonstrates and applies age-appropriate education principles
- Describe two nutrition education resources that can be used in schools.
- Discuss challenges and opportunities for engaging children in MyPlate activities in school settings.
- Identify strategies for updating nutrition education resources based on the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Alicia White
- Alicia Dill
- Christine Crow