This certificate includes eight modules that were chosen by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics from the Academy's Leadership Training Courses to provide ACEND® sstakeholders with training to improve communication and management skills and build leadership skills. To receive the certificate associated with this training, all eight modules must be completed.
The following eight modules are included in this certificate:
- Exceptional Leadership: Initiating and Managing Change through Skill Development; Mark Levin, CAE
- Talking about Talking: Communicating as a Leader; Marilyn Ferguson-Wolf, MA, RD, CD
- Emotional Intelligence: The Chemistry of Leadership; Linda Talley, PhD.
- Leadership Coaching and eMentoring: Advancing Your Core Leadership Skills; Sandra G. Affenito, PhD, RD, CDN, and Judy E. Prager, RDN, CDN
- Blurred Lines, Clear Head: Ethics and Leadership: Lori Sigrist, PhD, RD, and Maria Worley, MSBA, RD
- Crucial Conversation Success: Pamela Jett, CSP
- Impact on the Profession and Use in Different Practice Settings: Kathleen C. Niedert, PhD, RD, CSG, LD, FADA and Ruby Puckett, MA, FFCSI
- Communication: Why it Matters: Jesse Hemphill, MBA, RD, LD
CPEU: 16.0 (2.0 per Module)
CPE Level: 2
- 2.1.2 Identifies barriers to effective communication.
- 3.1.4 Communicates clear performance expectations.
- 3.1.6 Takes an active role in sharing information and knowledge.
- 3.1.7 Participates in the development of the organizations strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Identify and adapt to a variety of management and communication styles.
- Describe techniques used for successful communication.
- Describe personal characteristics and core values of effective mentors/coaches.
- Identify how core leadership characteristics align with styles of mentoring/coaching.
- Demonstrate how to open the conversation to focus on achieving win/win outcomes by staying in dialogue instead of regressing to debate or defensiveness.
- Determine various situations in personal and professional environments where leadership skills can be used to initiate and manage change.
- Identify key leadership characteristics required to be successful in management positions.
The course includes PDF files of the speaker presentations and handouts as well as a downloadable CPE certificate for each module individually and an ACEND® completion certificate. This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.
Please note: Immediately following the purchase, you will receive an access email for all eight modules in the Academy's Learning Management System, eatrightcpe.org. Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact email@example.com.