This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
This session will highlight collaborations among institutions in countries differing in social, cultural, political and economic status. Emphasis will be placed on impacts on local health and nutritional status, capacity building and nutrition policy. Recommendations will be reviewed on "what not to do" and on "what to do for success".
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1040, 4010, 1080
- Describe the complexities of working in nutrition related programs in different societies and cultures
- Identify how to bring populations with different political views together
- Summarize how global collaborations in nutrition result in win/win scenarios for all participants
- Richard Deckelbaum, MD, CM, FRCP(C)
- Judith Gilbride, PhD, RDN,FAND