This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Genetic testing has become mainstream, with many direct-to-consumer marketing options. This session will provide a clinical overview of genetic testing to include nutritional evaluation, current methods, progress, and challenges in the field. Dr. Posey will discuss key diagnoses that can be uncovered in the course of a thorough nutritional evaluation. She will also review the distinction between rare variants with large clinical effect and common variants with small clinical effect, and examine how these concepts are relevant to the interpretation of clinically available testing.
CPE Level: Level 3 - Advanced
Learning Codes: 2050, 7060, 8015
- Examine the strengths and limitations of molecular testing.
- Outline the key diagnoses using a thorough nutritional assessment and evaluation.
- Compare and contrast the rare and common variants in genetic testing and the interpretation of these findings.
- Jennifer Posey, MD, PhD, FACMG
- Ashley Vargas, PhD, MPH, RDN, FAND
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning