This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Bariatric revision and conversion procedures are becoming an increasingly important part of the field of bariatric surgery and make up a significant portion of patients seen by the registered dietitian nutritionist. The registered dietitian nutritionist and other healthcare professionals will need the skills to manage the bariatric patient’s experience both before and after these surgeries, including nutritional challenges, behavioral issues, medical concerns, and lifestyle factors. This session will provide an overview of the various approaches taken to revision and conversion surgeries along with an outline of the skills required to assess and support revisional patients.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 5125, 1070, 1110
- Describe the reasons for revisional or conversion bariatric surgeries.
- Assess the revisional bariatric patient's appropriateness for revisional surgery by utilizing nutrition and behavioral principles.
- Identify the key nutritional and behavioral factors that are important for the success of the bariatric revisional patient.
- Paul Davidson, PhD
- Kellene Isom, MS, RD, LDN, CAGS
- Christine Weithman, MBA, RD, LDN
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning