This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
Cyberbullying has become a challenge not only for the public at large, but for nutrition and dietetics professionals who participate in social media exchanges. This session provides examples of the dilemmas that nutrition and dietetics professionals face in online activities and offers strategies for dealing with them in a fair and ethical manner. This session discusses the principles of the Academy/CDR Code of Ethics for the Dietetics Profession that may apply to members and credentialed practitioners who participate in cyberbullying.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1050, 1070, 7020
- Identify the implications of cyberbullying as it relates to the code of ethics for the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Apply the concepts of online manners, ethical principles and digital citizenship in the practice of nutrition and dietetics.
- Collaborate and communicate with other professionals, peers and the public using ethically sound strategies.
- Connie Diekman, M.Ed., RD, CSSD, LD, FADA, FAND
- Mary Russell, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND
- Susan Laramee, MS, RDN, FADA, FAND
Planned with the Academy's Ethics Committee