This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Chronic diseases are the leading causes of death and disability in the U.S. and around the world. Lifestyle is key to prevention and treatment of diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other chronic conditions. Getting evidence-based lifestyle interventions widely implemented and sustained is very challenging.
This presentation will discuss key components to successful wide scale implement and sustainment of proven interventions. These components will draw from the Knowledge to Action Framework, the Collective Impact Model, behavioral economics, and leadership principles. The base case discussed will be taking the National Diabetes Prevention Program from a big idea to reimbursement, but the information will apply to many other interventions and big ideas.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 4040, 2070, 4190
- Discuss five of the steps that contribute to making big ideas a reality.
- List the three phases of the Knowledge to Action framework to map how science becomes translated into effective health programs, policies, and practices.
- Describe two actions they will take to move an intervention to wider implementation.
- Ann L. Albright, PhD, RDN
- Karmeen Kulkarni, MS, RDN, BC-ADM. CDE