This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Dietetics professionals play a pivotal role in implementing malnutrition quality improvement strategies in acute, post-acute and community settings. This session will describe how registered dietitian nutritionists are using data to show the value of nutrition care and provide attendees with actionable steps to partner with information technology colleagues to collect malnutrition quality improvement data. Additionally, the session will provide RDNs with examples of opportunities to incorporate nutrition strategies throughout transitions of care for patients.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 5280, 9050, 6030
- Describe the steps for partnering with an information technology department to collect malnutrition care quality improvement data
- Apply malnutrition care quality improvement data to demonstrate improved patient and health outcomes and the value of nutrition care
- Identify opportunities for dietitians to lead nutrition-focused transitions of care strategies in acute, post-acute and community settings
- Sadeq Quraishi, MD, MHA, MMSc
- Wendy Phillips, MS, RD, CNSC, CLE, FAND
- Kelly Danis, RD, LDN, FAND
- Ainsley Malone, MS, RDN, LD, CNSC, FAND, FASPEN
Planned with Academy Premier Sponsor Abbott Nutrition.