This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
Quality improvement (QI) tools have been used in manufacturing and other industries for many decades, striving to reduce and errors and inefficiencies, and maximize profitability. More recently, they are being implemented in the healthcare system to analyze performance and organize the efforts to improve it. By measuring the current situation and creating value, improvements can be made or errors prevented. This session will explore how different QI methods can be used in clinical nutrition to improve upon processes of varying complexity.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1010, 7160, 6080
- Describe at least two quality improvement methods
- Identify opportunities for improvement and determine next steps
- Describe the appropriate quality improvement method to use
- Jason Majorowicz, MBA
- Rachael Majorowicz, RDN LD FNKF
- Sherri Jones, MS, MBA, RDN, LDN, FAND
Planned with the Academy's Quality Management Committee