This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
This session will provide attendees with tools and concepts to help distinguish between quality improvement (QI) projects and research in nutrition. Interactive case studies will be explored to help the audience understand and apply the intricacies of the subject to know when they should approach their Institutional Review Board (IRB) to obtain permissions for studies or publications.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1050, 7160, 9060
- Explain the major differences between quality improvement and research
- Identify when Institutional Review Board engagement is necessary with your project at your facility
- Apply case studies discerning QI projects from research
- Jason Majorowicz, MBA
- Shari Baird, MS, RD, CPHQ, LSSBB
- Sherri Jones, MS, MBA, RDN, LDN, FAND
Planned with the Academy's Quality Management Committee