This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Diabetes rates are increasing as the obesity epidemic continues and new scientific knowledge about the communities of microbes living in our gut may be the key to prevention and treatment of diabetes. This session will review: the research evidence linking the microbiome and diabetes, microbiome-related therapeutics currently available and close with a clinician/patient perspective on the microbiome in the diabetes clinic.
CPE Level: 3
Learning Codes: 2100, 1010, 1050
- Describe the interconnection between the microbiome and diabetes
- Discuss the level of evidence linking the microbiome to diabetes
- Explain the pros/cons of direct to consumer microbiome testing
- Teresa Martin, MS, RD, CDE, LD
- Aleksandar Kostic, PhD
- Ashley Vargas, PhD, MPH, RDN, FAND
Planned with the Research DPG