This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
In this session, presenters will discuss the wellness and sustainability trends that have the greatest impact on consumer health and the planet but are also realistic to implement in a workplace setting, including the impact of these trends on procurement and what it means to pick the right business partners. They will reveal sustainability and menuing initiatives that are changing the marketplace landscape. They will also review how effective menu naming can influence consumer purchasing.
Dietitians in any food service industry will benefit from hearing the latest trends, understanding how menu engineering can impact an operation, and learning how implementing strategic menu naming can increase sensible, healthy purchasing for consumers and the planet. Additionally, participants will learn about the key roles both chefs and dietitians play in menu development. Working in partnership, culinary and wellness can meet the ever changing consumer demands for a well-rounded plate.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 8018, 5200, 4090
- Describe the impact of procurement on menus and recognize its influence to facilitate change across the planet.
- Discuss the importance of menu writing and explain its effect on purchasing behaviors of consumers.
- Identify industry best practices on wellness and sustainability initiatives in a contract food service setting.
- Chris Ivens-Brown, Chef
- Suzanne Landry, MS, RD, LDN
- Jill Woodward, MS, RD, CD