This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
In this session, presenters will identify the risk factors for refeeding syndrome and discuss how to assess patients to identify these risk factors. The speakers will present a decision tree to determine those patients at risk for refeeding syndrome and then describe how to address this risk to prevent refeeding syndrome. They will also provide clinical recommendations for the treatment of patients at risk for refeeding syndrome as well as those identified with refeeding syndrome, including a sample Power Plan proposed for implementation at Emory University Hospital.
CPE Level: 3
Learning Codes: 5010
- Identify risk factors for refeeding syndrome.
- List interventions for patients at risk for refeeding syndrome.
- Provide appropriate treatment for patients with refeeding syndrome.
- Moira Faris, MPH, RDN, LD, CDE
- Michelle Gooden, RDN-AP, LD
- Christina Rollins, MBA MS RDN