This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
It sounds easy: prepare and serve healthy meals for children in our nation's schools. The reality of it can be far more challenging--but with challenges come opportunities. This session will feature a documentary of the Academy's dive into several schools across the United States that examines the state of food service equipment and its impact on schools' ability to prepare, serve and store healthy food options. Child nutrition is more than school lunch; from breakfast to supper, see how some programs are rocking the schoolhouse.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1080, 4060, 4160
- Describe the relationship of school food service equipment and the ability to service healthy meals.
- Visualize examples of schools with both outdated and modern equipment.
- Discuss solutions for schools who lack the financial resources to upgrade equipment.
- Dayle Hayes, MS, RD
- Donna Martin, EdS, RDN, LD, SNS, FAND
- Elizabeth Campbell, MS RDN
- Kevin Concannon, MSW
Planned with the Legislative and Public Policy Committee