This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
To successfully drive our profession into the next century, dietitians need to be thought-provoking professionals who connect with people and inspire change. In today's over-crowded and competitive nutrition market, being the "expert" is not enough to lead audience transformation. In this session, participants will discover their voice, sharpen their message, and learn clever tips to build stage confidence. Jill and Clancy will demonstrate how dietitians can master the TED speaking style to engage, inspire and transform audiences. Participants will learn how to infuse story, statistics and evidence, create their "idea worth spreading," and be able to create, pitch, and perform their thought leadership talk.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1130, 4080, 8110
- Utilize research strategies to identify relevant speaking venues and apply pitch strategies to acquire speaking engagements that showcase thought leadership and grow business.
- Apply an effective talk structure and learn how to fuse real-life experiences and stories with evidence-based statistics to lead audience transformation.
- Identify strategies to boost speaker confidence and learn how to command the attention of the audience.
- Clancy Harrison, MS, RDN, FAND
- Jill Castle, MS, RDN
- Donna Martin, EdS, RDN, LD, SNS, FAND