This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Shifting to a competency-based education model under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards can enhance the preparation of students for future nutrition and dietetics practice. This session will explore the implementation of the future education model with its integrated, competency-based education from two experienced program directors showcasing best-practice examples. Strategies used to effectively reorganize an existing nutrition and dietetics program under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards and unique and innovative ways for assessing competence will be shared.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 6050, 1070, 1080
- Identify ways to reorganize existing nutrition and dietetics programs to meet the Future Education Model Standards.
- Use proven strategies to overcome challenges in becoming a demonstration program.
- Strengthen assessment of student competence.
- Jennifer Tomesko, DCN, RD, CNSC
- Riva Touger-Decker, PhD, RD, CDN, FADA
- Christine Hartney, MS, RD, LDN, FADA