This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
The International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) Framework has recently been accepted by the Academy and is being implemented worldwide. It is an evidence-informed framework for texture modified food and thickened liquids developed by an international team through systematic review, multi-stakeholder surveys and review of existing national standards and common practice.
With the goal of patient safety by all practitioners using the same diet names and definition, this session provides the tools to clarify current terminology used for texture modified diets. Participants will learn about the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics strategic plan for the implementation of IDDSI and be able to work with the health care team to transition to the internationally recognized standard terminology.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 5210, 3050, 1070
- Describe the international experts research efforts and the cutting edge development of the IDDSI and how it relates to patient safety.
- Utilize tools and expanded resources for the transition process from current terminology for texture modified foods and thickened liquids towards the IDDSI Framework.
- Identify key participants and steps for creating a successful transition plan aligned with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics target date.
- Luis F. Riquelme, PhD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
- Peter Lam, RD, CFE
Moderator and Program Planner
- Mary Rybicki, MS, RDN, LDN
Planned with the Dietetics in Health Care Communities Dietetic Practice Group