This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
Do you want to bust the myth that nutrition and dietetics professionals hesitate to operate in leadership roles as decision makers? As educated, experienced practitioners, we can take ownership of the reputation and direction of our profession, as well as our own careers. It is now possible to leverage our future, not based on opinion or speculation, but on trends, research and results! Discover the importance of monitoring trends to anticipate the future. Identify potential game changers and rates of change that will affect every career.
Learn how outside influences have had positive, as well as negative consequences on the Academy and the dietetics profession. How can you develop a personalized strategy? Consider how the Academy's Visioning Report embodies shared experiences to promote a brighter future. Take charge of the challenges and implement solutions that will change the internal perception of dietetics as well as elevate nutrition and dietetics professionals in our greater society.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1010, 1070, 7180
- Identify how trends outside the field of dietetics influence society, the profession, and our distinct areas of practice.
- Critically evaluate the exterior and interior forces that affect the field of dietetics.
- Develop a personal career plan that recognizes and incorporates change drivers and trends identified in the Council on Future Practice’s 2017 Visioning Report.
- Jana Kicklighter, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND
- Luis Rodriguez, PhD
- Susan Roberts, MS, RDN, LD, CNSC
Planned with the Academy's Council on Future Practice