This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Dietetic practice has traditionally focused on hospitals, public health and school nutrition. The last two decades have brought more opportunities for RDNs, including in the food and agricultural industry. These types of positions amplify the voice of our profession to provide a practical yet science-based perspective to help ensure a nutritious and safe food supply around the globe. A facilitated discussion using an interview method will showcase the unique contributions these RDNs make, the challenges they face and the strategies they employ within the industry to help achieve the Academy’s vision: "A world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition." The panel will include three RDNs (two speakers plus moderator) who work for a restaurant chain, a food company, and an agricultural commodity group. This session will include case studies and examples of how they are positively influencing the industry, including interactive audience participation.
Award Presentation: Excellence in Practice – Consultation and Business Practice Award
Mary D. Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 4030, 4010, 4070
- Describe the roles of the food and agricultural industry RDN in promoting an adequate supply of nutrient-rich foods for consumers around the globe.
- Execute strategies that will influence the food and agriculture industry to create healthier consumer eating patterns.
- Identify methods RDNs have employed to overcome the challenges of working in industry.
- David Grotto, MS, RDN, LDN
- Shalene McNeill, PhD, RDN, LDN
Planned with the Dietitians in Business and Communications DPG