This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Do you want to take the nutrition profession, as well as operations at your organization, to the next level? In this session, you will learn about the innovative Standards of Excellence (SoE) Metric Tool developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The SoE Metric Tool will help you identify and evaluate leadership opportunities in the essential area of quality improvement, including Leadership, Practice, Outcomes, and Organization. You will gain insight about methods to identify and study problems, data collection techniques, and data-driven problem solving. A real-world case study using the SoE Metric Tool to identify gaps and develop quality improvement will be presented. In small groups, you will brainstorm with your peers about applying the SoE Metric Tool to design quality improvement projects and collaborate about strategies to take your operations to the next level!
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 1010, 8018, 1010
- Recognize how to effectively complete an organizational self-assessment with the Standards of Excellence Metric Tool developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Analyze methods to identify one area for quality improvement in nutrition and dietetics within your organization.
- Strategize at least one data metric that can be used to monitor and support key indicators in the area of change.
- Alexandra Kazaks, PhD, RDN, CDE
- Kimi McAdam, MS, RD
- Shari Baird, MS, RD, CPHQ, LSSBB
Planned with the Quality Management Committee