This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
The Quality Strategies Workgroup (QSWG) launched the Quality Leader Alliance (QLA) in 2016 under the direction of the Academy's Quality Management Committee. The QLA is a cohort of individuals who perform an exceptional level of quality management activities in their practice settings within the nutrition and dietetics profession. At the forefront, QLA members are shifting the healthcare quality paradigm and leading practitioners to explore, adopt, and employ Quality Improvement (QI) strategies in their practice settings. This session will showcase the efforts of the QSWG and QLA, and will highlight the Quality Improvement Virtual Huddles initiative promoting QI innovation, dissemination, and discussion. Attendees will learn the tools and techniques to become change agents for framing, developing, and operationalizing their own QI projects. Insider knowledge and QI case studies will be shared from RDN QI experts.
CPE Level: 3
Learning Codes: 7160, 7120, 7080
- Describe the purpose and role of the Quality Leader Alliance and the rationale for the Quality Improvement Virtual Huddles.
- Identify quality improvement best practices, tools, and resources appropriate for quality improvement projects.
- Showcase real-world case study examples and engage practitioners in recognizing and utilizing quality improvement strategies and change management approaches.
- Julianna Bailey, MS, RD, LD
- Linda Kluge, RD, LD, CPHQ
- Shari Baird, MS, RD, CPHQ, LSSBB
Planned with the Quality Management Committee