This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2018.
Distance internship programs have quickly become standard in dietetics; approximately two of every five dietetic interns participate in distance programs. As distance programs become as competitive as standard programs, a strong application is critical to acceptance. This session will outline the structure of distance dietetic internship programs, noting similarities to standard programs while highlighting the unique requirements of distance programs, such as securing a preceptor and scheduling rotations prior to submission. The session will provide strategies to fulfill these requirements and help interns craft unique applications to set themselves apart from the competition.
CPE Level: 1
Learning Codes: 1010, 7100, 7160
- Identify the unique application requirements of distance dietetic internships.
- Construct an outline on how to approach identifying preceptors and setting a rotation schedule.
- Formulate a plan to compose an application that sets them apart from applicants.
- Jennifer Tate, MDA, RD, SNS
- Nicole Withrow, PhD, MS, RD
- Lacie Peterson, MS, RDN, CDE
- Nikki Kendrick, MDA, RDN, CNSC