This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
Leading bariatric nutrition experts on the workgroup tasked with evaluating the available evidence for 10 practice-driven questions share EAL project recommendations and their experience to elevate your practice. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the rigorous process involved in developing conclusion statements and evidence summaries that allow practitioners to digest the literature and apply it to patient care protocols. Learn what the literature shows about the role of MNT in post-surgical outcomes, how pre-op weight loss influences post-op outcomes, metabolism and body composition changes, and impacts on weight loss. Integrate the latest clinical practice guidelines with systematic review findings to advance your role as expert in your field. Be inspired by study limitations to publish your own outcomes and demonstrate the impact of the RDN in bariatrics. The time has come to stop using old advice and advocate for evidence-based practice that optimizes patient outcomes.
CPE Level: 3
Learning Codes: 5125, 9020, 9050
- Apply systematic review strategies used by the Evidence Analysis Library to review research in the field of bariatric surgery.
- Evaluate and synthesize the quality of evidence for 10 practice-based questions in the bariatric literature.
- Implement the findings from the evidence-based systematic reviews into practice with bariatric surgery patients.
- Amanda Lynch, RD, PhD
- Kellene A. Isom, MS, RD, LDN, CAGS
- Nina Crowley, PhD, RDN, LD