This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
This session will present a historical review of significant nutrition research spanning the Academy's first century, from the early 1900's through today. The speakers will highlight landmark manuscripts, people, and policy that have shaped the way dietitians practice including landmark micronutrient discoveries, the shift towards chronic disease prevention, and the emerging role of public health.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Codes: 9020, 9050, 1080
- Explain how nutrition research progressed during the Academy’s first century
- Identify at least one nutrition research study that has had a significant impact on the field of nutrition in the last 100 years
- Predict nutrition research trends that will develop in the Academy’s second century
- Barbara Rice, MA, RD, LD
- Jo Anne Cassell, PhD, RD, LD
- Mary Abbott Hess, LHD, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND
Planned with the Dietetics Practice Based Research Network Oversight Committee