This product is free for those who attended FNCE® 2017.
This is a not-to-be-missed session for dietetic students, advisors, and Didactic Program in Dietetics directors who attended FNCE®. Students will gain the competitive edge for securing a dietetic internship. Attendees will learn how to utilize the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics computer matching resources for students, wade through the maze of internship sites to narrow their personalized selections, create dynamic and memorable applications, choose key individuals to write strong recommendation letters, and ace the interview process. Two seasoned, Boston-based DI directors will share their collective 35 years of wisdom on all aspects of the application process, from the role of the GPA to work experience as well as the significance of references and resumes. Students will leave this session empowered to tackle the DI match process with confidence.
CPE Level: 1
Learning Codes: 1010, 1070, 6070
- Prioritize the activities required when applying for a dietetic internship.
- Find volunteer opportunities that will positively impact the student’s resume and personal statement.
- Identify three ways to make a good impression on a dietetics internship director.
- Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND
Moderator and Program Planner
- Julia Robarts, MS, MPH, RDN, LDN