Brought to you by the Center for Lifelong Learning department in collaboration with the Weight Management DPG, with a special thank you to project manager Hollie Raynor.
This interactive, evidence-based online course--presented by experts from across the healthcare spectrum--reviews best practices in weight management and the diagnosis and treatment of individuals with obesity. Hone your skills at your own pace with specialized presentations, comprehensive resource lists, case studies, and review questions.
This course contains 11 modules covering the healthcare discipline spectrum: nutrition, bariatrics, medical assessment, physical activity, psychology, pregnancy, pediatrics, public health, intervention, monitoring, and interprofessional healthcare. Each module will contain a practice exam immediately following the presentation recording, which can be taken as many times as needed and does not require a specific passing grade. Once all 11 practice exams have been completed, users will automatically receive the courses CPE certificate of competition within their LMS dashboard.
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 3030, 4040, 5370, 6010
- Explain the relationship between obesity and other health conditions based upon related discipline areas
- Identify the needs of and treatment options for patients with obesity using skills from various disciplines
- Implement effective weight management techniques to patients via a multidisciplinary perspective
- The CPE associated with this course expires on 5/18/2022. All modules must be completed by this date in order to claim the 8.0 continuing education credits associated with this activity.
- Immediately following your purchase, the course modules will be available for access via the Academy's learning management system under "My Courses."
- This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.