Date: June 17
Time: noon to 1 p.m (Central time)
Join world-renowned weight management expert Dr. Robert Kushner as he explains the scientific foundation and development of his novel approach to personalized weight loss. Dr. Kushner will analyze the value of two critical components—phenotyping and segmentation—which, along with extensive research, support the development of the six factors. He will also demonstrate how an approach incorporating these concepts can personalize a patient's weight loss journey. Dr. Kushner will also discuss how this approach can be applied in telehealth counseling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Need Codes: 5370, 6010, 3010
- 9.1.3 Identifies and analyzes factors that influence behavioral change.
- 10.2.3 Analyzes and synthesizes the assessment data to identify nutrition problems following the Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care for RDNs.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- Discuss the value of using a cognitive-psychosocial phenotyping & segmentation approach for tailored weight management counseling.
- Describe the development and composition of the Six Factor Quiz and program.
- Provide counseling tips and strategies on how to use a tailored weight management approach, and implement into telehealth sessions.
Christine K. Weithman, MBA, RD, LDN
Chris is the Director of Nutrition Services and Product Development for HMR Weight Management Services Corp., a company focused on improving health and quality of life for those living with obesity. Chris is a founding member of the WMDPG and has served as both Treasurer and Chair. She is a Past Chair of the Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning. Chris received the Excellence in Weight Management Practice Award in 2016 from the WMDPG.
Robert Kushner, MD
Board-certified in internal medicine and nutrition, Dr. Kushner is a passionate clinician, educator, researcher and advocate in helping to improve the lives of those affected by overweight and obesity.
Dr. Robert Kushner is Medical Director of the Center for Lifestyle Medicine at Northwestern Medicine in Chicago, Professor, Department of Medicine and Medical Education, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and Past President of The Obesity Society. He is also author (or editor) of 12 books, 58 book chapters and over 200 scientific articles on overweight, obesity and nutrition and a founder of the American Board of Obesity Medicine that certifies physicians in the care of patients with obesity. His new book, Six Factors to Fit: Weight Loss that Works for You!, designed for individuals wanting to lose weight and the health care providers who counsel them, was published by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Receive an exclusive discount on the Six Factors to Fit book! Your webinar registration includes a 20% discount towards purchase of Six Factors to Fit (print or eBook).