This webinar was presented live on August 28, 2019.
Whether you are thinking about launching a new podcast, want to know how to get booked as a guest, or are curious about all the podcasting hype, this webinar is for you. Podcasts are growing in popularity - as of April, 2019, there were over 500,000 shows on Apple Podcasts alone - and RDNs from every sphere of dietetics are jumping in. Given today's on-the-go, multi-tasking lifestyles coupled with the ease of listening on one's smartphone, getting your daily dose of news, sports, knitting, and nutrition is so much easier when you use your ears versus your eyes. It is hard to read a blog when you’re cooking dinner, but listening to a podcast is a breeze.
- CPEU: 1.0
- Learning Need Codes: 1130, 1090, 1020, 7070
- 2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
- 3.3.4 Engages in active discussions with others to establish a method to best meet and serve the needs of the customer and the population.
- 2.1.4 Uses a variety of media to deliver information.
- Explain why podcasts are growing in popularity and how they serve to educate the public about nutrition, healthy lifestyle, and cuisine.
- Identify best practices when podcasting, including basic tips for getting started, how to prevent podfade, how to promote your show, and what type of equipment you should be using.
- Describe how hosting your own podcast or being a guest on other shows can help communicate key nutrition messages and grow your brand.
Amber Pankonin, MS, RD, LMNT
Amber Pankonin is an award winning Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Nutrition Communications Consultant. Pankonin is the host of Healthy Under Pressure, a podcast that highlights the stories and struggles of entrepreneurs and busy people learning to live healthy under pressure. Pankonin is also a local radio and television personality, serving as a health and wellness commentator each week on KFOR and 1011 News in Lincoln, Nebraska. This year she is serving as the Marketing Chair for the Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and is also an adjunct instructor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Liz Weiss, MS, RDN
Liz Weiss is the voice behind the food and nutrition blog and podcast, Liz's Healthy Table and has written several cookbooks including Color, Cook, Eat!, No Whine with Dinner, and The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers. Liz is a sought-after speaker, spokesperson, and cooking instructor. She has written for Nick Jr. Family Magazine, Kiwi magazine, and Good Housekeeping, and she is currently a contributor to Today's Dietitian magazine and blog. A pioneer in the world of podcasting, Liz's first show, Cooking with the Moms, was launched in 2008 and ran for nearly 10 years and 300 episodes. Liz's Healthy Table was launched in 2017 and is aimed at helping busy families eat a healthy, sustainable, and flavor-filled diet.
Please note: Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.